Monday, November 8, 2010

Remember that video...

Hello again.
Remember that video I posted a while ago called “Socially Active?” Well, I posted it on our YouTube account and received some sweet feedback from user: Klemperer.
Here’s what Klemperer had to say:
Nice view :). I left facebook last June, and indeed, I read more and meet more people since that day^^. 0’40 onwards is great ;-)). Social networks do have advantages, but there are better possibilities, I am sure. Lovely to ask a musician 5000 miles away what music she’s doing - but that’s possible without facebook^^. Read more books, meet more people, all :)!
Then, I messaged her just to see if she wouldn’t mind me posting her feedback on the blog and this is the response I received:

Hi Leviana,

of course you could! I think it’s a very lively and superb video. You know, I met a lot of cold snobs at university in Germany during the last years (I’m a tad older than you^^ so can compare a bit). What we generally lack is the spirit that is in your very video :-))! Stand up and fight, so to say, for what you find important and right, or funny^^. Don’t let the “I got 127 “i like it” on facebook - stuff make ´just another fashion-and-style-follower out of us :-)). I met so many people who had good ideas, but after the third “sarcastic cold, but cool” answer stopped.

So I would say, each and everyone who will watch your video will be delighted, you seem just as you are (well this is wild guessing over the internet^^ of course, he he). Those who would not like it - well, we are in free countries. I think it’s a very nice video, post it if you like it too, because of course it’s of not so big an importance for you what I think :-))).

All I can say is I was happy to watch it, and especially after all those postmodern hate-blurb-speakers in german universities and scenes I found the spirit in it I like - it’s funny, it’s convincing, and it’s without the need to “make points” (which is the beginning of desaster anyways^^)

I’ll bookmark the blog right away.

Ciao, and thanks for the great video, this is life, and I like it^^

Georg
Let us know what you think by e-mailing us at disconnect2reconnect@gmail.com.  
EVEN BETTER: Record your own vlog and send it to us. We’ll post it ;)

posted by: Leviana Coccia

No comments:

Post a Comment