Friday, October 22, 2010

I have many reasons I chose to participate in this mission, and these challenges, however, the main reason I want to do this isto remember  a time before I had facebook, msn, a cell phone, etc. Too many times has my cellphone broke, or I have lost it and that leaves me feeling completely lost. My whole day is ruined of this happens because I start to panic about what I am going to do without my phone. I think I can not survive without it. Then I remember there was a time when I did, and that does not seem that long ago.
That always sends me into a downward spiral of thinking about all the technologies I have integrated into my life, my daily routines. What did I do before I had them? I seem to remember life being far simpler then, and for some reason I remember feeling more free. Sometimes I feel the constant need to be on my laptop and the Internet is not only wasting my time, but has become mind numbing. I waste away so many days doing nothing of value because I am to busy checking my facebook, reading online forums, posting on blogs, etc.  Then because I am doing all these things I feel like I have done something with my day until I really think about what I did, and question if it has any value. Why do I feel the need to update my status or my twitter anytime a ridiculous thought comes into my head?
So now I am fed up of just wondering these things. I want to participate in this expirement, and see how my life changes. I am fed up of hearing how good or bad Social Networking and technology is for me, so I want to find out for myself.


posted by: Courtney Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment