Friday, October 22, 2010

  • It’s like a silent competition. Julie dyed her hair and lost five pounds within the last week. She also started hooking up with George. So, I need to do the same. As if we don’t have enough of the “keeping up with the Jones’” going on in our non-virtual lives, already.
  • I deleted Facebook for about 6 months this year. It was so liberating. I got the site back to keep in touch with one of my closest friends that was moving away to school. Now that I’ve started I can’t stop. The site is like a darn bag of Lay’s potato chips. Betcha can’t eat just one.
  • I recently deleted about half of the “friends” I had on my Facebook account because I didn’t feel like being creeped. Yet, the moment I deleted the bad apples from my Facebook tree, I could see on other people’s walls that the “friends” I deleted were really frustrated. Things like “today has been a really interesting day for Facebook… something new happened” were posted. As if I didn’t see that. What’s the big deal? I don’t want you creeping my profile! When abused, Facebook is a great place where people can fish for information and draw their own conclusions. Well, sorry… I’m living on land not under the sea with Sebastian the Rastafarian lobster.
  • WHY DOES THE WEBSITE HAVE TO BE SO DISTRACTING? I have midterms to study for yet there I am scrolling down my news feed trying to see what Billy-Bob and Martha did last night. To be completely honest, I couldn’t (consciously) care less. However, I have a feeling that my unconscious mind has a thing for knowing other peoples’ business. Doesn’t yours? Sheesh, that Facebook CEO knew his Freud.
What aggravates you about Facebook?
VENT TO US:  disconnect2reconnect@gmail.com
posted by: Leviana Coccia

No comments:

Post a Comment